[Tig] Barco 'Extended Gamma'

Cem Ozkilicci cemoz101 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 13:56:35 GMT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using the Barco RHDM-2301 and noticed that my monitor is hard-set
to an 'extended gamma' setting. I've been told that the monitor had to be
shipped to Barco to get this feature upgrade and is not something that could be
done on-site. Supposedly the reason why Barco has developed this is to
'simulate' a CRT monitor. What I'd like to know is what does this actually
entail?

I find it odd that if the change is in fact ONLY a gamma adjustment, why can't
we simply change it in the menus of the 2301 because there is an option where
you can play around with the gamma setting (2.35... bla bla bla).

Cheers!

Cem Ozkilicci
Colourist
Storyline Studios / Oslo