[Tig] does anyone have experience with.. "Neat" NR

David Mackenzie lyris1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:35:25 GMT 2010

If you're talking about NeatVideo (which is basically Neat Image + a
temporal filter for motion video), I sometimes use it with HDV-based
interview footage for DVD extra interviews. It's definitely my NR tool
of choice, although talking heads are hardly stressful from a motion
complexity standpoint. For more complex motion, I find that it backs
off and stops the filtering rather than producing smears. It's very
tweakable too, which is nice.

Alternatively I sometimes use some of the AVISynth-based noise
reduction scripts.

If you have any sample footage you want tested, I could always share a
short result?

--
David Mackenzie
Freelance DVD Compressionist/Author