[Tig] Resolve on MAC

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Fri Oct 15 21:12:22 BST 2010

> Hi Rob,
>
> I have a Resolve Linux 4 GPU, with Impresario panels, sitting next to the MAC Resolve and you really do miss a lot without the panels. I wouldn't want to do a client session without the panels. Or for that matter on the MAC. The horsepower with the Linux is quite impressive, and the Impresario panels make working very fast.

Yes I have a DUI with network panels that I use all the time, the panels are a big part of the equation.

Do you have a GTX-285 or 4800 based Mac? I had a older 8-core 3ghz setup at first with the GTX-285 and a 12Tb eSata Rocket raid array performance was bottlnecked by the older Mac but next week the same setup with a new 8-core machine.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
rob at cinelab.com
Colorist-Director