[Tig] Resolve on Mac

Christian Cortez christian at optimadigital.com
Sat Oct 16 04:23:02 BST 2010

Hi Guys,

Here's some input which i hope could give you some idea.

The Smoke on Mac could handle a wide variety of file format.

It could also handle red with the default 4800 GPU up to Half res good.
However, if a huge percent of the project you could be working on will be
RED, the rocket card would make the playback and rendering faster (half res
premium 24fps playback and rendering). When adding this card up, just make
sure it is seated correctly on the slot as specified in the Resolve on Mac
manual. Now the number of nodes and the extensiveness of the correction will
be the next question.

It would be helpful if you could do a node test once you have your setup.
Load a 60 second clip (or color bar clip) and add nodes with various
settings (ones you usually use in actual grading). This would help you
predict how extensive you could work on with the setup. You could use DPX,
RED, prores, h264 and other formats for this test.

Best Regards,
Christian