[Tig] Panasonic plasma vs. Anything

David Mackenzie lyris1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:33:20 BST 2010

I would certainly avoid the LED LCDs. From my experience, they're an
exercise in form over function. Screen uniformity is pretty poor and viewing
angle is worse than mid-range LCDs.

The most accurate PDP monitor I can think of would be the discontinued
Pioneer Professional monitors. They didn't have the high-end Gamma tracking
issues that the Panasonics tend to, and the black level is still
unmatched. Image up close is a little dithered-looking, though.

--
David Mackenzie
Freelance DVD Compressionist/Author