[Tig] Panasonic plasma vs. Anything

Andy Delle adelle at laserpacific.com
Fri Oct 22 18:33:51 BST 2010

"Why do you think CRT's are no longer available? It is not economically viable to maintain a factory capable of producing 50,000 plasma panels (or crt s previously) per week just to satisfy the needs of a minority market (i.e. us).
It is purely a commercial desision - based on the increasing market share and performance of lcd panels."

So are you saying the days of Plasmas are numbered too? I tend to agree. The consumer base seems quite happy with milky LCDs. And don't forget the California proposed ban on Plasma TVs. Well there aren't exactly banning Plasmas, they are just pushing for a TV energy consumption standard no Plasma can possibly meet.

Andy Delle
VP Engineering, Systems and Infrastructure
Laser Pacific Media Corporation
809N Cahuenga Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
323-462-6266  x2374