[Tig] XSAN and other SAN-systems

Jean-Francois Panisset panisset at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:22:08 BST 2010

Building SANs on top of SAS switches is an intriguing perspective and
if your machines are all close together in the data center, it could
be cheaper than FibreChannel (SAS HBAs are typically quite a bit
cheaper than FC HBAs), but switched storage is only part of the
problem, you still need the software to arbitrate access to the shared
LUNs, such as StorNext, and that's not cheap.

JF Panisset
MPC
Santa Monica, CA