[Tig] JVC DILA RS25 Projector

John Tissavary jt at traktionfilms.com
Wed Oct 27 18:39:36 BST 2010

I use the RS35 daily for grading, and find it excellent.  I'm getting 14
footlamberts of output on a 12' wide 16:9 screen at 16ft distance, and
calibrated coverage of P3, Kodak 2383, and Rec709 colorspaces.  We calibrate
with a Klein K-10 colorimeter, color management is handled by Cinespace via
6bit cube LUTs.

Not sure how the 25 differs, it might not have the same amount of light
output.

cheers,

John T.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:05 AM, colm forde <colmforde at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to PSI for supporting the TIG.
> ====
>

> Hi folks,does anyone out there have experience of grading on a JVC DILA
> RS25 projector?  I´ve started to freelance at a facility that has one as its
> main grading referance.  The company mostly deals with Red material, it
> isint invovled in film-out so far. Just wondering what the good/bad points
> of this projector are.
> I am not connected to this manufacturer in any way.
> Thanks,Colm Forde
> Freelance ColoristBased in Barcelona.

*John Tissavary
President