[Tig] IIF Status

Kevin Shaw kevs at finalcolor.com
Mon Dec 19 12:55:27 GMT 2011

>Anyway, I was wondering how target colorspaces are handled in IIF? Assuming you would want your footage to have more or less the same look on all delivery >formats (DCI P3 XYZ, HD Rec709, sRGB, Film Log...)

The IIF ACES workflow calls for an "ODT" that is added to the "RRT" for real world applications
ODT = Output device transform ie your display
RRT  = Reference rendering transform ie the look that should be achieved on your display

In essence this part of the workflow is similar to the current DI workflow which I describe at http://www.finalcolor.com/CMS.htm in which a target profile is combined with a display profile to create a LUT for grading. The display profile is then switched to standard profiles to create a transform for alternate color space versions.

Also read Mike Mosts blog http://mikemost.com/?p=235 for a good overview of what benefits ACES offers

This is also explained in my Display Calibration and Emulation classes

Happy Coloring
Kevin

Kevin Shaw		kevs at finalcolor.com
      colorist, instructor and consultant
(co-founder of the International Colorist Academy)

Click here to subscribe to the ICA newsletter and mailing list

www.finalcolor.com 		www.icolorist.com
This message was sent by Kevin Shaw of Finalcolor Ltd. and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorised to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. It is believed, but not warranted, that this e-mail, including any attachments, is virus free. However, you should take full responsibility for virus checking. Thank you for your cooperation.