[Tig] cards/charts for 3D

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Tue Feb 8 23:54:27 GMT 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 3:37 PM, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> If I were asked to choose, I'd shoot, as close to the convergence point as possible, 1) an 18% grey card; 2) a 2-line (rampup to the right, rampup to the left) greyscale; 3) a registration chart.

I realized that if it were done close to the convergence point, the card or chart would have to be huge, so maybe something else is being used.   I worked with a multi-camera setup not long ago where a sphere, looking not unlike an eyeball, was used, but on that material I wasn't doing inter-camera matching, so don't know if it's effective.

--
Rob Lingelbach   Colorist, Dolby Laboratories
rob at colorist.org http://rob.colorist.org