[Tig] Broadcast monitors

Tim Bolt timb at bigbangpost.com
Thu Feb 17 11:40:17 GMT 2011

At the BVE show in London Sony are showing an OLED version of their
BVM-L231 side by side with the LCD version. (24inch)
It looked very "crisp" and "shiny"
Impossible to gauge it without seeing it in a proper environment but it
looked great compared to the  LCD equivalent.
Available May ish, costs "a bit more than the LCD version".
Check it out at NAB?

On 17/02/2011 04:32, dan wrote:
> Digital Vision is patron of the TIG.
> Colorist Directory at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki/Category:Colorist
> ====
>
> Currently evaluating a number of broadcast monitors.
>
> It's my understanding that the Barco 2301P Monitor is generally
> considered the best available broadcast LCD. It's been a while since I
> demoed it, but it was very impressive. Good blacks, onboard
> calibration etc. However it is a little old now.
>
> In the lower price range I have heard good things about the Flanders
> Scientific FSI- LM-2460W, and to a lesser extent the TV-Logic XVM-245W
>
> Anyone have any experience with the new Sony BVM-L231?
>
> Any input would be appreciated

Check out our new website www.bigbangpost.com

This email and any files sent with it are confidential and are intended only for the named recipient.
If you are not the named recipient you should notify us immediately and delete this email.
You should not disclose its content nor take, retain or distribute any copies.
Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Big Bang Post Production or its affiliates.
We cannot accept any liability for viruses or any other amendment transmitted via this email once it has left our network.
Disclaimers will not be honoured.