[Tig] Wizard of Oz looked like video...

Skip Elsheimer avgeeks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:11:48 GMT 2011

Not only freckles but pimples! And bad munchkin makeup.

I'm not sure what was going on with this particular viewing - like
some radical upconvert/noise reduction/unsharp mask feature on the
flatscreen TV. Later I tried to show a film archivist on his
flatscreen and it looked like film again.. Also I saw the HD version
on TBS and it also had grain and looked like film.

It was unsettling to everybody in the room not just me.

Skip
A/V Geeks