[Tig] good examples

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Jan 7 03:00:03 GMT 2011

Hi Owen,

On Jan 6, 2011, at 8:29 AM, Owen Williams wrote:

> I was wondering if there are discs that the TIG would consider
> Reference-Quality blurays or DVDs -- examples I could look at that would
> represent the best work being done.

We're in a real state of flux right now regarding reference displays.   Color Gamut and Dynamic Range are improving (or, depending what you look at, regressing).  I think in the next year or so the question will be answered better when we have the displays capable of manufacturers' promises, and evolving standards for wider color ranges and dynamic ranges that fulfill those promises.

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org     http://rob.colorist.org