[Tig] 4x3

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jun 3 23:30:36 BST 2011

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, Bob Kertesz wrote:

> No matter how much I emphasize that every pixel goes home in 16:9 HD, many DPs
> still insist on having me put up a 90% "safe area" marker.

The "solution" to this is of course to crop the image to the 90% safe
area and then resize the image back to the original 16:9 dimensions.
The drawback is a more blurry image and the people with TVs which
discard 3-5% of the image then lose even more of the image.

Perhaps you can suggest this approach to your DP friends. :-)

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn