[Tig] As long as we're talking audio...

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu Jun 9 04:32:47 BST 2011

On Jun 8, 2011, at 7:45 PM, SKIADCOCK at aol.com wrote:

> Putting aside the pissing war that currently seems to be going on re: audio
> reduction (sorry, can't chime in on that) , I have a  question.

Hi Sharon,  I'm not sure how many TIGers watch HGTV but one never knows...

The thread to which you refer is centered around image noise reduction.
Interestingly enough, there have been some responses that apply only to film
grain, which often is considered a form of "noise."  I find myself waxing nostalgic
for grain after long days looking at images acquired digitally.

There are some excellent archived discussions on the TIG with explorations done
by Peter Swinson into the nature of grain, stochastic resonance (i.e. sharpness out
of texture) and associated subjects.

Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach   TIG admin