[Tig] Noise Reduction: where in pipeline?

trovak at comcast.net trovak at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 16:24:39 BST 2011

Mystery over. For once I have been told to go ahead and open my big mouth. Thanks Peter.
I am beta testing the new 8.0 daVinci Resolve and it's NR is working beautifully.
It can be used in many different ways, and different points in the pipeline. As an overall, with a track node either pre-color or overall at the end of the project. It is clip node based for scene to scene, or in or out of windows, HSL qualifiable. That is quite useful when pushing a vector, like for a sky and to be able to apply the NR selectively for that vector. It works really well in or out of keys. This is extremely useful for the pesky, noisy DSLR blacks. Of course it's resolution idependant, and all in real time. I am finding it to be one of the most versatile new applications I have seen. And yet it's one of many with 8.0
I am running 8.0 on both my Linux and my MAC, and it has been flawless.

Tom
Tom Rovak – Sr. DI Colorist
Commercials, Feature Films, Music Videos

Foundation Content - Chicago/Los Angeles
200 East Ohio Street
Suite 200
Chicago IL 60611
(312)951-8734 Office