[Tig] 1Tb & 2Tb Raid disks, what make/model?

stefan orlandic stefan.orlandic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 23:54:41 GMT 2011

Rob,
we have around 72 Western Digital Enterprise RE3 1TB , and 48 Western
Digital Enterprise RE4 2TB drives in our raid storages.
Both have performed flawless, but RE4 2TB are much more faster and twice the
size.

We also have around 50 Seagate drives but not in RAID storages, and from my
experience I could not recommend them.

As far as controller is concerned, beside Atto I would also suggest Areca 6G
1880ix, older 3G 1680ix and cheaper alternative HPT 4322 (works perfect OOB
on SL).

Disclaimer:

I do not work or I am getting money from any of those companies.

Stefan Orlandic
CEO
Living Pictures