[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Dave Pickett pickettscharge at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:24:51 GMT 2011

and everytime you ask the DP if
he had the choice says "film, anytime"

That may be true on some levels Jean-Clement but for the first time in my 15 years there are images being captured by digital cameras that are fun to work with and look good.  For so long we heard the "looks just like film" BS for video cameras with filters or some proprietary pathway.  I am enjoying the new images as a colorist.  They dont look like film nor should they.  They look like something I havent seen before. Alexa being my favorite so far but Phantom is putting out some crisp over crank on recent food shots. Digital is a creative choice I reckon like different paints are.  David Lynch's "Inland Empire" certainly was tough to look at but that's what he wanted.  Peter Jackson seems to be keen on RED for the Hobbit.   I guess I have become Bi-image-ual.  I dig them both.

Dave

Dave Pickett

Colorist

Jam Edit