[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Christopher Noellert cnoellert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:36:46 GMT 2011

Well, I for one believe heavily in Chris Nolan who doesn't even believe in DI and filter sets his brilliant master works on a color master, but I guess he's an idiot as well.

History has already proven that shows using tape for acquisition are having enormous issues in the archival department, while George Lucas was able to whisk "a new hope" out from under the mountain, scan it, add new effects, print it, and milk that old shitty tech for god only knows how much cash.  When 4k digital cinema becomes a standard he can do it again if he wants with, piss, who knows, "American graffiti.". What an amazing thing that would be.  But I'm willing to bet you it will look crazy sharp compared to him blowing up "episode 1" to 4k.  Oh how jar-jar will alias with all the coring they will have to apply.

Surely these issues will eventually be solved and surely there will come a point when film has less resolution and range than digital, but even at that point, digital production will still cost the same as film production, it will simply be just higher quality.

By the way, the stages are opening in New Orleans, Vancouver, Shanghai and pretty much everywhere else than LA.  Tax cred and all.

Sent from my iPhone