[Tig] Premature Death of SR

Jean-Clement Soret jean-c at moving-picture.com
Tue Mar 22 13:57:01 GMT 2011

I must say sometimes you just can't shoot film because of the number of
cameras involved (special events, blocking traffic on busy locations
etc...) or the amount of footage like high speed, I guess these can be
called creative reasons to shoot digital. Sometimes a small digital camera
is the only way to fit in a particular location, or using a 5D for
reportage style being unnoticed in a crowd.  I really don't mind when
digital is an alternative to film for these reasons although it is more to
do with the camera itself than the acquisition medium. what I can't stand
is when I hear that film should be ditched when it is clearly still a
benchmark.

Jean-Clement
Just finished a KFC ad shot on 16m reversal...love it.