[Tig] Final Cut Pro X

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Thu May 26 15:29:21 BST 2011

I suspect FCPX will be like QTX in that the old version will be
available for quite a while, even if they don't make it easy to find.
It's very unlikely that FCPX will be at feature parity with FCP7 right
away, maybe not for a year or more.  I consider it version 1.0 of a
next-generation editing platform, and it'll take time to implement the
full raft of features editors require.  I'd expect at least a couple
years of wind-down incremental updates before FCP7 disappears entirely
(compare with Shake, for instance).  I'm sure Adobe is eyeing all of
those wary FCP users hungrily.

Owen Williams

--
Co-Founder / Colorist