[Tig] Question from new subscriber

Tyler Hawes tyler at litpost.com
Fri Sep 2 17:16:43 BST 2011

Oh yeah, my disclaimer: I haven't worked for, taken money from, or have any
financial incentive to recommend any of the companies/people mentioned.
Kevin Shaw I have met casually a few times and have a very good impression
of him and know he's a super-knowledgeable trainer on that platform, that's
all. I'd recommend others, too, I just don't know any. I do currently use
Nucoda + Truelight as my main system.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Tyler Hawes <tyler at litpost.com> wrote:

> Jack is right that the broad range of questions you ask is a sign you're in
> over your head and there's a steep learning curve ahead of you. Once these
> questions are answered, you'll surely have more. My recommendation is that
> you (or your employer, more likely) contact Image Systems (formerly Digital
> Vision) and arrange for a day or more of on-site training. Or you could
> contact a trainer, like Kevin Shaw (http://www.finalcolor.com/).

3. CMS has a log->709 LUT. (There is a log>linear LUT that ships with

--
TYLER HAWES
DI Colorist & Visual Effects Supervisor

**

7813 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046
[323] 874.4487    www.litpost.com

individual to whom they are addressed and it may contain information that is
privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by
mistake, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone.