[Tig] On the Post-Quantel debacle and the evolution of the business.

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Sep 2 19:45:23 BST 2011

On Sep 2, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Jim Lindelien wrote:

> 1. Cost pressures on the industry are relentless and the idea of very
> expensive big box products strikes me as increasingly unlikely

My wish, which if it were to happen would be far in the future, is that a standard
Color Decision List (open source) be used between systems, such that a grading done on one system
on one particular day be reproducible on another system on another day.   Many things
conspire against this, however, not the least that it would reduce profit and incentives for same.  There is
also the point that it might stifle innovation, though with Plug-in APIs there are ways to induce competition.

--
Rob Lingelbach   Senior Colorist, Dolby Laboratories
rob at colorist.org http://rob.colorist.org