[Tig] Expansions

Craig Leffel craig at optimus.com
Sat Sep 3 18:07:37 BST 2011

To quote you Lou -

> the initial porpose of, and philosophies behind the cdl were to create a platform
> Independent method of being able to communicate the visual part of visual storytelling
> Ideas, in a way that the various vendors would all support.

This is exactly the problem. The only people that need this are the lazy and the uneducated. The willfully ignorant.
A Davinci is not Color is not a Mistika is not a Baselight, and there is no reason at all the gear should share this impossible kind of commonality. We are not talking about something simple like an EDL. We are talking about proprietary software, companies of various character and ethics, let alone the differences in the user base amongst the operators themselves.
We're not running cmx typewriters.
This is not some simple RGB database. You know this all too well.

Why promote this nonsense instead of telling DPs and manufacturers to stuff this idea because it's moronic?

Yeah, I know. We're supposed to kiss their asses because they own the aesthetic, right? Wrong. And we all know it. Pointless.

Best,

Craig Leffel
Former Senior Colorist
Optimus