[Tig] Expansions

Craig Leffel craig at optimus.com
Sat Sep 3 19:04:11 BST 2011

Quoting Lou -

"If you want a slice of the creative authorship pie, being a colorist is a way to translate/enable The ideas of others to reach the screen, not to own them. Grab a camera. Or a pad and some Charcoal."

Lou, clearly we see color correction and
our craftsmanship, Art and Artistry differently. Passionately differently. I refuse to believe, nor have i experienced much, that we are the Bus drivers of the Xerox machine just fiddling with the balls and our experience to bring another persons vision to life - solely. Sure, sometimes depending on circumstance. Rightfully, you see this from your perspective and experience, largely in features where a clear, singular vision exists and needs to be cared for.  I would call that a narrow view of the modern process of getting a vision from set to final picture, no matter how successful and experienced I know you to be.

However, I respect our differences and thank you whole heartedly for an intelligent discussion.

Best -

CL

This has been a Mobile Transmission