[Tig] New 3D plasma monitor for grading?

Craig Dingwall Craig.Dingwall at nfsa.gov.au
Thu Sep 8 02:08:40 BST 2011

Have you considered the O-LED monitors at all? What does everyone think of
them?

Tyler Hawes <tyler at litpost.com>
Sent by: tig-bounces at colorist.org
08/09/2011 10:42 AM

"tig at colorist.org Group" <tig at colorist.org>
cc

Subject
[Tig] New 3D plasma monitor for grading?

Support from Nucoda www.imagesystems.tv
====

Hey Tiggers,

We need to buy a new monitor for video grading and I'm soliciting advice.
I'm leaning towards the best plasma I can get. 3D isn't a total must-have,
but it seems sensible to get a 3D model if buying new. Panasonic
Professional (the popular choice in LA it seems) isn't making any 3D
plasmas
smaller than the 85", which is super expensive and impractical. Has anyone
looked at the consumer line of 3D plasmas to see if they are as suitable
for
calibration and grading as the pro branded ones? In theory, they're using
the same panels...

Also, anyone know of any bugaboos with the current model line-up from
Panasonic vs. previous years?

Thanks for the help...

Tyler

--
TYLER HAWES
DI Colorist & Visual Effects Supervisor

**

7813 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046
[323] 874.4487    www.litpost.com

individual to whom they are addressed and it may contain information that
is
privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by
mistake, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone.