[Tig] Iridas has been acquired by Adobe--Announced at IBC

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Sun Sep 11 20:12:32 BST 2011

Anybody else notice this transaction, announced at IBC?

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201109/090811AdobeAcquiresIRIDASl.html

Some folks might draw parallels to Apple buying Final Color, but it
seems to me that Iridas product lineup is much more mature than Final
Color was at the time.

(No connection to either company or their products, although I do use
Photoshop and other Adobe Graphics software... and started non-linear
editing on Premiere 4.2.2 for the Mac way back when.)

Ted

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us 	ted at flashscan8.us
MWA Nova Film HD and SD Film Transfer Systems
	See New 2K scanner at IBC  in MWA's booth: Hall 7, Stand 7.J39
FXSYS MicroMat™ Diamond-etched Grooved Particle Transfer Rollers
New Technology for Ampex AVR-2 Quad Machines
Video Head Rebuilding and Assessment by VideoMagnetics