[Tig] Origination of the term "VIDEO"

peter_swinson at compuserve.com peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Tue Sep 27 15:42:09 BST 2011

 Patrick

Thanks for the input. Problem is we cannot find any reference to where it was first used and originated from. Lots of refrences say 1930's but no-one we can find can tell us who used it first on in which context.  There has got to be some ancient photo/drawing or text with the word video, just a matter of hunting it down.

There was a suggestion that it was Alan Blumlien, but we cannot confirm it.

I have trawled all my Baird photos and references and also come up blank.

cheers

Peter