[Tig] The Dark Knight Rises

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Wed Aug 1 14:48:03 BST 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 13:11 +0100, Jack James wrote:
>  The majority of scenes had
> people's skin tones looking like they had a bad fake tan, and there were
> parts where it bordered on looking like an episode of the Simpsons.

Christopher Nolan only uses analog color timing for his films, feeling
that the DI process degrades the image.  That's interesting, because
usually the teal/orange look is associated with hue/saturation curves
and keying, neither of which is possible in a color timing session.
That means the look you describe would have to be done through
production design, right?  (Is there even a saturation control
available?  I thought it was just points of red, green, and blue)

Owen