[Tig] The Dark Knight Rises

Tim Stipan stipantim at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 15:51:12 BST 2012

Jack,

You say you saw the film in IMAX- was it digital or film?

Wally and Chris timed the film with a superb timer by the name of David Orr at Technicolor LA, but someone else made the digital version- scanned from an IP I'm assuming? I'm not sure how that part of the process was done- via DI?

Here's an interesting article on the difference between IMAX digital and film projection... Makes me wonder why I pay those exuberant prices for digital IMAX screenings...

Tim Stipan
Colorist

Technicolor-Postworks
110 Leroy Street