[Tig] The Dark Knight Rises

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Wed Aug 1 17:43:19 BST 2012

> Wally and Chris timed the film with a superb timer by the name of David Orr at Technicolor LA, but someone else made the digital version- scanned from an IP I'm assuming? I'm not sure how that part of the process was done- via DI?
> Here's an interesting article on the difference between IMAX digital and film projection... Makes me wonder why I pay those exuberant prices for digital IMAX screenings...

I also am under the impression that all of Chris Nolan's films are photochemically timed and not digitally graded. There was a very public denouncement of digital imax a year or so ago in which people were calling the digital screens Lie-Max for there low quality. Obviously there is no digital system which even comes close to the quality of 15-perf 65mm acquisition.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
rob at cinelab.com
Colorist-Director