[Tig] The Dark Knight Rises

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Thu Aug 2 00:23:01 BST 2012

>Obviously there is no digital system which even comes close to the quality of 15-perf 65mm acquisition.

Maybe not, but I saw a film print at a screening last week, and it looked like
soft, mushy crap. And I'm being charitable here.

Even discounting the fact that one projector of the two was out of focus,
making reel changes jarring, if there was more than 1K of resolution on the
screen, I'd be stunned.

This was not some schlock theater, either. It was at the DGA theater in
Hollywood, normally a fine venue to see film.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

DIT and Video Controller extraordinaire.
The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE® compositing.©

High quality images for more than three decades - whether you've wanted them or not.©