[Tig] from James Wicks - Learning the trade

James Wicks jim at jimwicks.com
Sun Aug 5 23:15:21 BST 2012

I knew the cartoonist, Ben Wicks, and we shared a similar sense of humor.
We talked on a number of occasions before he died.

On one such occasion we were chatting and, because I was on television at the time, someone recognized me before Ben and interrupted our conversation to say hello.
Not missing a beat, Ben threw his arm around my shoulder and introduced himself saying, 'my name is Ben Wicks, I'm his dad.'

That's the kind of guy Ben was, a quick wit and a fine gentleman.
And no, we were not related …although I wish I was, it would have been a honor.

Best, J

James Wicks, COLORIST
digital, film, television, web
Website: www.JimWicks.com