[Tig] The Dark Knight Rises

simona harrison simonaharrison at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 12:40:06 BST 2012

Just read an article about this film which has some interesting quotes from Wally Pfister, the DOP who shot it:

'' Nolan’s July 20 release also bypassed the commonly used digital
intermediate step for postproduction, a decision which Pfister said “I
feel pretty strongly about because it means less manipulation [of the
filmed image] and higher resolution.”

Saying that it would be a “tragedy if our film is taken away from
us,” Pfister admitted that he has never shot a motion picture with a
digital camera, and unsurprisingly announced that he plans to shoot his
upcoming movie on film. “We are trying to keep film alive," he said.
"Digital cameras today just aren’t quite there."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/laff-2012-dark-knight-rises-cinematographer-wally-pfister-imax-341329

Simona Harrison
Colourist

Prime Focus London