[Tig] The Dark Knight Rises

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Tue Aug 7 15:00:09 BST 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 00:52 -0400, Juan Salvo wrote:
>         They
>         couldn't possibly have a colorspace issue on such a major
>         release, could
>         they??
>

> That would require a DI to have been performed.

But we're talking about a digital IMAX projection, so at some point the
film had to be scanned, minimally touched-up (IR dust removal, etc), and
put into some sort of colorspace.  I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm
seeing 65mm IMAX today so I'll be able to have some first-hand
impressions.  I don't remember any complaints about his first two batman
films nor Inception, so I wonder what is different this time around.

owen