[Tig] from James Wicks - Learning the trade

James Wicks jim at jimwicks.com
Sat Aug 11 23:21:17 BST 2012

Thanks Joy.
At the core of your story is drive and determination.
You share a similar story with a young Steven Spielberg who tells his story better than I ever could:
http://www.internships.com/eyeoftheintern/news/famous-interns/steven-spielberg/

From what you have written here, I probably would not be alone in saying that your experience in film will serve you well in whatever endeavor you choose to pursue.
Things are changing, no doubt.

To you point, any kind of change can be scary no matter who you are and no matter how old you are.
We leave behind what we know to be safe and set forth on a journey that may or may not end up where we hope it will lead.
There are some of us who are risk takers.

As I said, there is no one way up the mountain.
The danger, in my opinion, lies in not trying, or not getting back up when life knocks us down.
Sounds to me like you're still moving forward and upward like the rest of us.

Best, J

James Wicks, COLORIST
digital, film, television, web
Website: www.JimWicks.com