[Tig] What are you grading today?

warren eagles weagles at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 29 00:46:02 BST 2012

Hey Nikolas,

Most people did not say either ProRes or Raw when grading Alexa.
From my experience down here in OZ I would say 90% ProRes.
When RED have a ProRes output, that will up the interest.
When training Colorists, I find even some of the experienced guys have trouble with the RED Raw metadata controls.

One of my early mentors legend Colorist Jim Hogan, once said to me.... "Get to know your film stocks inside out"
The same applies today with all the different files and codecs.
BTW....... We were in a Pub when Jim dispatched his words of wisdom:)

Warren
http://twitter.com/warreneagles

Message: 1