[Tig] BBC TV series looks too modern

peter_swinson at compuserve.com peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Thu Aug 30 14:31:40 BST 2012

Inspector George Gently
A new series of the BBC Crime drama, set in the 1960s, aboutan old-school detective
 trying to come to terms with a time when the linesbetween the police and criminals

have become blurred.

I have had comments from several friends, all around my age,that the latest series

 “does not look right, it does not look like the 60’s”

Were the previous series shot on S16mm, and the latestseries shot on  HD or similar ?

The latest series appears too “clean” for a 60’s look ordoes anyone know if the grade

was deliberately made to look  modern?

It certainly does not look right if the general public notice it. !!!

Cheers

Peter