[Tig] DCP in 25fps and 24>25 conversion

peter_swinson at compuserve.com peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Thu Jan 12 12:51:00 GMT 2012

Isn’t it strange in this modern world of everything digital, a simple thing
like 24 vs 25 FPS is such a pain.

In the old days video “fly-wheel syncs” ,  sync pulses and 3:2 sequences
would screw up speed changes.

But I thought today we had data, stating start / end of each frame and all
related to a clock rate. Surely just changing the clock rate by the ratio
of 24:25 should work.
It used to with film, start and end of frame normally 4 perfs apart,
sync motor on projector run at what ever speed was desired.
Ah, I see, we have gone backwards not forwards in technology.

Now removing tongue from cheek.

Cheers

Peter