[Tig] Cyc Wall Paint

Dean Jackson Dean.Jackson at aiatsis.gov.au
Fri Jun 1 00:05:29 BST 2012

Hi All,
We had an 18% gray made up using our still image techs to 'quantify' the colour(im aussie its gotts U in it).
Had the local hardware shop prepare to their specs and all appears to be great.

I had to post this disclaimer for other staff

"The Decor.
The colour of the floor and walls in this room are as close as we could get to neutral grey(18% on the grey-scale).
Neutral grey is a Photographic and Film specification.
When performing critical colour balancing (photographic) or colour grading(telecine) it is essential that no 'stray' colours are allowed to influence the images that are being manipulated, i.e. Sunlight coming in the room (the sun changes colour temperature constantly through the day), reflections from artworks, colour casts in room decor. These factors, plus others, determine the output colour quality."

Dean Jackson
Film and Video Technician
Moving Image Unit
Audiovisual Archive