[Tig] Standard data transmission speeds table

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jun 15 16:25:30 BST 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Jack James wrote:

> I just posted a table of data transmission speeds across different
> interfaces that someone may find a useful reference:
> http://blog.surrealroad.com/archives/2012/standard-data-transmission-speeds/
>
> Let me know if there's anything anyone wants me to add.

I am not familiar with 1G and 20G Fiber Channel.  The speeds I see are
powers of 2.  2G, 4G, and now 8G seem to be commonly deployed.

10G Ethernet is missing from the table.  10G Ethernet is readily
available for those who can afford it.

Infiniband is missing from the table.  Infiniband seems to be the
speed leader (up to 56G and 40G is common), and is also very price
competitive.

It would be good to include transactional latency if this data is
available.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn