[Tig] History of Editing (and Telecine editing)

DOMENIC ROM domrom at optonline.net
Wed Mar 7 19:46:56 GMT 2012

Ah the magical days of Unitel in NY, back when the owners were known
commodities, Herb and Al, and not some faceless corporate master
somewhere in the world. Those were the days where you started at the
bottom, worked you way up through the ranks (pun intended) and had a
good time doing it. I remember Rob in those halcyon days, quite the wild
young man. It was a different business, companies actually made some
money back then. Am I just giving into nostalgia? I feel like an old man
sitting in the bench in Brighton Beach talking about the great war.

It was fun though, I remember the first Rank being delivered to Unitel
replacing the TK 28, a Topsy running it, oh it got better we replaced it
with an Amigo! Well maybe the old days weren't so good after all.

Domenic