[Tig] More on the DCP wild west

Rogério Moraes rogermamo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:28:25 GMT 2012

Hi everyone

    From Sunday till now a lot of good inputs, but still not to the
center of the question. Wich was solved... The DCP ended up playing on
a Dolby dss100, at the same multiplex without a problem. Inputs from
Dolby and easyDCP were good, but all said everything was right with
the DCP itself ( a question a bout naming the font arose, and I had to
send some logs to Dolby from the server, Wich is impractical) . To be
short, the subtitltes XML were time base correct ( thks Jim for point
me that), they relate not wrapped on XMF, and I do understand the vf
file, a supplemental DCP, but what that would differ from what I did?
Besides, after some talk with the projectionist, he said that this
file had a different name (are o lf the film plus subtitled ) what
wouldn't pass as a supplemental DCP. I still think it was a problem
with this particular screen and setup, Wich seems to me "different" of
what a d-cinema should be.
Thanks all for all input

On the move from an iPhone