[Tig] Open discussion of NAB

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu Mar 29 07:26:03 BST 2012

On Mar 28, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Rob Lingelbach wrote:
>>
>> There are three weeks remaining before the NAB Convention in Las Vegas.  In the sphere of color grading, I don't think I've ever seen such overwhelming changes.
>
> What are the overwhelming changes you are seeing?  Are there changes that you consider to be worrisome?

It seemed to me that over the last year, there was an acceleration of these trends:

significant new features in the color grading systems; attention paid to plug-ins; LUT development; monitor technology advancement; advancement of IIF/ACES workflow; on-set grading; significant improvements in digital capture devices.

Does it seem that the boutiques are rising again?  It feels that way in L.A.

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org
TIG founder/admin, colorist