[Tig] Weird 16mm black/white neg 7222 problem (CARL)

videogenie at aol.com videogenie at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 04:22:08 GMT 2012

Carl it was the feed reel from a MK II -MK III using a DUBNER with secondary .. I am positive there are no images left
at the time I was the only colourist as well as my own tape op...
Joe.? I will remember his last name given a little time was the facility eng & designer
as far as time frame 1981-83... I screened a print made from  the orig neg..(Delux) we transferred the neg

Hmm. Are we talking the feed reel inside the Camera? Or in the Lab, or on the scanner?
I suppose you don't have any images left from your problem that I could have a look at.
/Carl

vaya con dios "Happy Trails"

*)0(* bls
barry shankman
Voice of Memphis Music
www.voiceofmemphismusic.com
www.allmemphismusic.com
SVB Consulting Services < CTO >

bls film & video llc
http://visible.me/barry_shankman_1666384
http://myspace.com/blsfilm
http://www.linkedin.com/in/barryshankman
SKYPE   <  blsfilm  > 951-763-7010

EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message, including any attachments, is intended for the sole viewing
and use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
confidential and privileged information, which is prohibited from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution, or the taking of any
action in reliance on the information contained in this email, including
attachments, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination or copy of this message, or any
attachment, is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.

Hmm. Are we talking the feed reel inside the Camera? Or in the Lab, or on the scanner?
I suppose you don't have any images left from your problem that I could have a look at.
/Carl

(Sent from mobile device)
____________________________
Carl Skaff
Colorist
Stopp Stockholm
Office +46 8 50 70 35 00

Stockholm | Los Angeles | Linz
www.stopp.se

3 nov 2012 kl. 23:53 skrev "videogenie at aol.com" <videogenie at aol.com>:

> I have a feeling that it might be that the film built up some static
> electricity either in the camera or darkroom that caused tiny spark that
> exposed the film. I don't know. Maybe a far fetched answer.

 Carl I had a similar problem long ago and far away.. it was the feed reel ..
the reel was made of steel and it was building up a magnetic field that was dispersing right before the gate where the ionized air nozzle
was blowing charged air across the film.. you said no matter how far fetched.. this problem took us almost a complete shift
to figure out.. Hope this helps