[Tig] Lawrence Of Arabia

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Nov 5 14:50:06 GMT 2012

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Jack James wrote:

> The issues that bothered me were the massive colour changes between shots, several dropped frames, and some bounce,
> so nothing consistent, and I've been told by other people that it must have been a different version to the one that
> will be on the bluray.

I hope so.  Previously a DVD came out in 2001 and it is possible that
further work was done for DVD re-release in 2008.  The Blu-ray is
supposed to be based on an 8K scan which is reduced to a 4K DI
process.  It would be interesting to know the DI workflow which was
used.

Likely Jim Houston knows when the transfer for the Blu-ray took place
and if it has any digital relation to the work done in 2008.

No one was using 4K DI processes back in 2001. 2K would have been
state of the art.  By 2008 we had some films using 4K processes.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn