[Tig] Disney buys Lucasfilm...

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Nov 6 18:32:22 GMT 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012, Skip Elsheimer wrote:

> In my mind, after Star Wars, it stopped being about the film and was all
> about the merchandising. And as we know, Disney excels at the
> merchandising..

Previously Disney purchased Pixar.  Disney had relied on Pixar to
provide creative energy from a safe distance (as a business partner),
but then it went and bought Pixar in 2006. Pixar did produce at least
three very good films since then.

What negative impacts has the purchase had on Pixar?  In what way
would be impacts be different for Lucasfilm?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn