[Tig] Grading 5d thoughts

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Thu Dec 5 17:15:04 GMT 2013

Sometimes 5/7 D can look nice... But I've never seen GoPro footage cut
nicely with other 'highend cameras'

I follow the show Revolution and overall I like the look. But too often
they have an action scene and cut to a GoPro mounted in a cool angle and it
just sticks out too much.

Maybe it isn't GoPro, but it must be a small nasty expendable camera
because it just looks so different.

Also, I used to follow the last made StarTrek series. Don't remember the
name of it.
The first seasons was shot on film, but the last (or maybe second to last)
season was shot digital. I think it must have been a Sony 750 or 900 (or
maybe a Panavision style of one of those) and one night I looked at the
last episode of one season and directly after watched the first on the
next, shot digital... And it was so weird. It looked the same but something
was different. As if they brought in a cleaning team to polish the ship...

/Carl

--
CARL SKAFF
COLORIST STOPP/POST PRODUCTION

STOPP/STHLM
ODENGATAN 104
113 22 STOCKHOLM
OFFICE +46 8 507 035 00 <+46%208%20507%20035%2000>

STHLM | NYC | LA
WWW.STOPP.SE <http://www.stopp.se/>