[Tig] Grading 5d thoughts

Hamid Ghodraty hamid.ghodraty at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 20:55:05 GMT 2013

Grading 5d footages feels like swimming in a pool with 1 inch depth ( with
native h.264 codec ) and somehow it doesn't feel different with whatever
picture style you use ( maybe 1 or 2 inch deeper :)  as we all know
decompressing the footages,  adds nothing to the footages but i in my
experience  ( if you decompress to DNxHD 444 { not 422 or .. } and alike )
the most important advantages is that you encounter artifacts a little bit
later in grading process'

hope this helps !
hamid

DP & COLORIST