[Tig] Filmed commercials on TV now

Jean-Clement Soret jean-c at moving-picture.com
Wed Dec 11 20:42:29 GMT 2013

I'm not sure on US TV but here are some recent ones in the UK entirely shot on 35mm. I have included CML in my post as I thought it might interest some DPs.

Cadbury's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAymavc19Zs
Mark's and Spencer's 2013 Xmas ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Xw1IL3oh0
Guerlain Shalimar
http://www.moving-picture.com/work/guerlain-the-legend-of-shalimar
ITV
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/where-drama-lives-trailer#.UqjHAo10Eb0
John Lewis Insurance mostly film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2hrrI5BKY
H&M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqdIxGYtPqs

Now for those who have jumped with a bit too much enthusiasm on digital, here are a few examples of what we used to do with film, enjoy.
-Volvo ad on Bleach bypass print
http://www.timmauricejones.com/Player.aspx?cat=com&index=17&title=Volvo&subtitle=Golfer
-Diesel School Out entirely shot on S16mm reversal
http://www.timmauricejones.com/Player.aspx?cat=com&index=31&title=Diesel&subtitle=Schools+Out
-Fatboy Slim Ya Mama on S16.
http://www.timmauricejones.com/Player.aspx?cat=mus&index=3&title=Fatboy+Slim&subtitle=Ya+Mamma

MPC London
Jean-Clement Soret | Global Creative Director of Colour Grading
127 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1F 0NL
T +44 207 434 3100
London - New York - Los Angeles - Vancouver - Bangalore - Montreal - Amsterdam - Mexico

I'd like to know what film originated commercials are on the air now? Would anyone care to chime in as to a current film spot they may have shot or graded? There certainly is a vast difference of color grading viewable now in any block of commercial spots.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Preservation Level Videotape Transfers and More!